NEW ARTS.

Posted by Unknown Tuesday, July 5, 2011 0 comments
This coming weekend is the opening of the new Zula Soundbar in Longstreet. I have been there a few times now - while they are preparing for the grand opening - and I must say, it is starting to look great! They have two massive dance floors, a few bars, including a cocktail bar and a mini-cafe - WITH a real pizza oven!



So they call it the "Grand Opening Festival" and it will cost you R130 for the two days (tickets available at Computicket) or R80 per day (at the door). The doors open at 6pm and here is the fantastic (and most inportant) line-up:



Friday:The Springbok Nude Girls

Ashtray Electric

Hog Hoggidy Hog

The Rudimentals

Hot Water

Red Tape Riot

Wolftown

AND MANY MORE...


Saturday:
A-King (yay!)

Holiday Murray

The Jack Mantis Band

Southpaw

Stereo Zen

Haezer

AND MANY MORE...









The adres is 98 Longstreet (next to FNB). It is a beautiful, old building and I think Zoe and Vusa (the owners) already did an amazing job with their personal touch. The feel (from the old Zula) is still there, but it is definitely bigger and better. I love what they are doing for upcoming, local artists and I think they deserve the success that comes with a new (BIGGER!) venue.



I will definitely be there on both nights and take photos of the grand occasion!



So while on the topic of music and arts: The National Arts Festival is currently on in Grahamstown. I hate not being there - I was there last here and it was truly AMAZING! I think it is one of the few festivals in the country that actually focuses on the arts. I was there on my own and had the privilege to see a lot of drama, dance and music productions, as well as visit quite a few art galleries, markets and street theatre. It was brilliant - There were no sokkie-sokkie back-tracking artists nor beer tents or drunk festival goers yelling on the streets. Besides the fact that is was freezing, it was one of the best trips of my life...

With over 500 productions this year, it is worth a visit. They have a fringe and main programme. To view the complete programme, visit the website:



www.nationalartsfestival.co.za



Here is some of the photos I took last year:









Some of the street productions I was lucky enough to see:









Some of the old churches and buildings in Grahamstown (which they call the "city of saints and sinners" due to the amount of churches and jails in the town):















The beautiful sunrise on a farm just outside of Grahamstown - where I was lucky enough to stay for one night:







One of the beautiful alleys in Grahamstown:





It is a festival worth visiting. It supports local artists and give them the much needed exposure.



GO NTNL.ARTS.FSTVL!!



Anyway, here is another pretty girl (because it is Tuesday)...This is Brittany Mcphee. She is a young model doing work mostly in New York. I think she is PRETTEEE!!

I love her natural, innocent look..She's cute.



[photo2.jpg]









This is turn on Tuesday...



If you know of a cute, pretty girl (or are one yourself)...send me photos...I will gladly post them...yay!



So good night and sleep tight and peace and love and everything else.



<3x<3



ELI ANGEL.
TERIMA KASIH ATAS KUNJUNGAN SAUDARA
Judul: NEW ARTS.
Ditulis oleh Unknown
Rating Blog 5 dari 5
Semoga artikel ini bermanfaat bagi saudara. Jika ingin mengutip, baik itu sebagian atau keseluruhan dari isi artikel ini harap menyertakan link dofollow ke http://sexiestcountry.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-arts.html. Terima kasih sudah singgah membaca artikel ini.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Trik SEO Terbaru support Online Shop Baju Wanita - Original design by Bamz | Copyright of sexiest country.