by the way...

Posted by Unknown Thursday, July 7, 2011 0 comments
well...I have had a long, boring day, but no day goes by with a little excitement ofcourse. Today I have popped into the NEW (!) Zula Soundbar in Longstreet and I must say...it is starting to look better by the day. I hope they will finish in time for the GRAND OPENING tomorrow evening!



I also looked at some cameras today - I am looking to buy one, but I am a bit clueless when it comes to digital cameras. I know that I want something with a good zoom and atleast 12 megapixels. I got really exited just looking at them..yay! I cant wait for a new camera!



I also peeped onto Tafelberg Publishers' website. They have just published a new book - Kyk My in Die Oë - it is a first of its kind in the Afrikaans language. A straight-forward, insightful story of a person's struggle with the mysterious bipolar disorder.



Set in a busy, news cafe, where Elsabe (the writer) works as a journalist, she tells us how, in 2001, she was struck by this disease and people's reaction towards her. After episodes in institutions and hospitals and even brain shock therapy,  Elsabé survived and was able to go on with her life. Her accurate writings allow us to experience what it's like to live with the disease. The book is both helpful to those who suffer from the sickness and also to friends and family to understand this mysterious disease.





 The Book Lounge in Roelandstreet, Cape Town, will host the launch of the book on Tuesday the 12th of July. Elna van der Merwe, book-editor of Huisgenoot, will speak to Elsabe Brits about her book and Bipolar Disorder. The evening will start at 17h30 for 18h00 and please rsvp before the end of tomorrow.



I think this might me a very interesting talk. I think it could be a very insightful book to anyone who is interested in the disease or is struggling with the sickness. If I can escape from work for a while on Tuesday to pop by, I will definitely do so.





Staying with the Afrikaans folk and events - The Kalfiefees is coming up. This is the "baby festival" of the Hermanus Whale Festival. It is a very sweet, intimate art festival showcasing some of the best art, music and theatre currently showing in the country. The festival runs from the 4th to the 9th of August in mostly Onrusriver (just outside of Hermanus).


Here is the programme for the festival and tickets can be pre-booked:




For more info visit their site at: http://www.kalfiefees-hermanus.co.za/


It will be a fun little art-party (with a party-tent in the bushes).
And if you need advice on accommodation for the festival. Take mine: Zoete Inval backpackers is a fantastic choice! Situated just outside of Hermanus it is truly a diamond. With a jacuzzi overlooking the mountains, nice, fluffy doublebeds and a cute kitchen and bar, be sure not to drive by this one!




In Anyway..


...So I am looking forward to tomorrow's Zula Soundbar Opening. There will probably be a lot of characters (old and new) to join the party...yay!


I am jumping in to the bath and then into my cosy bed now.
So sweet dreams..
<3x<3
eLi AnGeL










TERIMA KASIH ATAS KUNJUNGAN SAUDARA
Judul: by the way...
Ditulis oleh Unknown
Rating Blog 5 dari 5
Semoga artikel ini bermanfaat bagi saudara. Jika ingin mengutip, baik itu sebagian atau keseluruhan dari isi artikel ini harap menyertakan link dofollow ke http://sexiestcountry.blogspot.com/2011/07/by-way.html. Terima kasih sudah singgah membaca artikel ini.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Trik SEO Terbaru support Online Shop Baju Wanita - Original design by Bamz | Copyright of sexiest country.